Are you ready to replace the starchy, carb-loaded spaghetti for something lighter, healthier and still as flavorful? Then this quick and healthy recipe is perfect for you – Keto Zucchini Noodles with Sautéed Shrimp!
Every keto dieter’s favorite vegetable-turned-noodle kicks the carbohydrates to the curb and becomes the ideal canvas for a pesto dish loaded with garlic and fresh basil.
Here’s the recipe:
Keto Zucchini Pesto Noodles with ShrimpCourse: MainCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
This low carb zucchini pesto noodles with sautéed shrimp is a quick and easy recipe and it tastes incredible.
4 medium-sized zucchini, cut into zoodles
1½ lbs jumbo shrimp, shelled and veins removed
4 cups basil leaves
⅓ cup unsalted almonds, pine nuts, or walnuts, toasted
3 cloves of garlic, roughly chopped
⅓ cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
⅓ cup olive oil
¼ teaspoon of pepper
½ teaspoon of salt
- Combine ¼ teaspoon of pepper, ½ teaspoon of salt, garlic, parmesan cheese, walnuts, and basil in a blender. Pulse until coarsely chopped.
- While the blender is running, add ⅓ cup of olive oil. Scrape down the sides of blender if needed. Blend until the pesto is puréed. Set aside the pesto.
- Set a large sauté pan over medium heat then add half tablespoon of olive oil. Put in the shrimp then add a pinch of salt and pepper. Cook and stir and until the shrimp are cooked. Set aside the shrimp to a bowl using a slotted spoon.
- Add the other half tablespoon of olive oil to the sauté pan on medium heat. Add the zucchini noodles in the pan for cooking. Make sure to toss the zucchini noodles frequently while cooking until they have been mildly softened.
- Lower the heat of the pan then add the pesto and shrimps. Mix thoroughly to combine with the zucchini noodles. Serve right away while hot.
- Serving Size: ¼ of recipe | Calories: 502 kcal | Fat: 33g | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 42g
Share this recipe by pinning one of the pinnables below under your Keto Recipes board!