A chicken quesadilla w/ jack cheese and jalapeño (often also with steak) was one of my favorite meals during my teen years. Combine it with some sour cream and delicious salsa and I’d be in heaven.
Because of the high carbs in the tortilla wraps, quesadillas have been out of my diet since I started keto. Luckily, I’ve been eating keto-friendly low-carb wraps (6 g of carbs) for lunch over the recent weeks, and I started to realize that I could reignite my childhood delights with a low carb keto-friendly chicken quesadilla!
I’m always buying low carb wraps from Mission and green salsa from Mrs. Renfro’s. I must say that Mrs. Renfro’s is the best salsa I’ve ever had!
This homemade chicken quesadilla turned out to be even more delicious than what I had during my childhood years because I have the liberty to use any ingredients to season the chicken and I can also add as much cheese as I want.
Here’s the recipe:
Keto Chicken Quesadilla w/ Avocado & JalapeñoCourse: Appetizers, Lunch, DinnerCuisine: Mexican, SpanishDifficulty: Easy
Everybody will love this keto-friendly, low-carb chicken quesadilla with avocado recipe. It is so delicious and it only takes 10 minutes to prepare!
3 oz pepper jack cheese
3 oz grilled chicken breast
1/2 thinly sliced avocado.
1 tbsp of jalapeño chopped
1 low-carb wrap from Mission
1/4 tsp dried basil
1/4 tsp red pepper (crushed)
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp salt
- Rub the spices on the chicken breast and grill it. Make sure it’s chopped into small pieces so it will be cooked faster.
- Place your low-carb wrap as flat as possible on a pan with medium heat.
- Turn the wrap over after 2 minutes and start laying the pepper jack. Don’t put too much cheese that it fills the edges of the wrap.
- Add the sliced avocado, grilled chicken breast, and jalapeño on one side of the wrap.
- Turn the wrap over with a spatula and flatten it. This will make sure that the melted pepper jack cheese with keep the quesadilla together.
- Take the wrap off the pan and cut it into 3 slices. Enjoy with sour cream and/or salsa!
- Calories: 654 kcal | Fat: 43g | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 52g
Share this recipe with your friends by pinning any of the pins below under your Keto Recipes board!