This Crispy Keto Baked Zucchini Fries will definitely become your new favorite low-carb appetizer!
Even before going keto, we have always loved deep fried zucchinis as appetizer. In order to come up with a keto / low-carb version of this long time favorite, we knew we need to focus on creating the perfect “breadcrumb” mix – and which we did!
After we apply the perfect breading into the zucchini sticks, we roast them in a hot oven with a little sprinkle of healthy avocado oil. Then we serve the zucchini fries with homemade ranch dressing or low-carb marinara.
Is Zucchini Low-Carb and Keto?
We enjoy including zucchini for our keto recipes and use it to create low-carb versions of our favorite snacks like keto pizza or “macaroni” and cheese.
Zucchini is one our go-to low-carb alternative since it only packs 3 grams of carbs per 100g serving. Only 3 grams of carbs! This green summer squash is truly a low-carb superstar!
How to Make Baked Keto Zucchini Fries
These zucchini fries are very easy to make, especially when you have an oven. Based on our experience, cooking it at a fairly high temperature makes golden and crispy fries without deep frying.
We have a special technique that makes the perfect “breadcrumbs” stick to the zucchini. Read the recipe below to learn more.
Crispy Baked Keto Zucchini FriesCourse: AppetizersCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
This Crispy Keto Baked Zucchini Fries will definitely become your new favorite low-carb appetizer! They’re so crispy and loaded with nutrition and flavor.
2 medium zucchinis cut into 8 logs
2 large eggs, beaten
2 teaspoons coconut floor
¾ cup almond meal or flour
1 oz parmesan cheese, freshly grated
1½ oz pork rinds
Avocado oil spray
¾ teaspoon garlic powder
¾ teaspoon dried Italian herb mix
- Preheat oven up to 425F. Lay a large baking sheet and foil and spray it lightly with avocado oil.
- Using a food processor, process the pork rinds until they form crumbs. Add in the garlic powder, dried Italian herb mix, almond meal, and parmesan into the food processor. Process a couple of times to combine. Set aside by transferring to a shallow bowl.
- Using another shallow bowl, beat the eggs and set aside.
- Trim both ends of the zucchini. Cut the zucchini into 4 “logs” by cutting it across the middle, then cutting each half into lengthwise quarters. Dry the zucchini with paper towels.
- Put the zucchini inside a large zip-lock plastic bag. Add the coconut flour, then seal the bag. Mix the bag to coat the zucchini.
- Shake off excess coconut flour from the zucchini logs one at a time. Dip each one into the egg (let excess egg drip off), then coat it with the pork rind mixture. Place the coated zucchinis on the baking sheet. Do this until all the zucchinis are coated.
- Spray the upper side of the zucchini fries lightly with avocado oil.
- Bake the zucchini until crispy and golden for about 25 minutes. Flip them once halfway through.
- Serve them warm with marinara sauce or low-carb ranch dressing.
- Serving Size: ¼ of recipe | Calories: 278 kcal | Fat: 24.7g | Carbohydrates: 6.3g | Protein: 9.9g
Share this recipe by pinning one of the pinnables below under your Keto Recipes board!