Keto Mongolian BeefCourse: MainCuisine: ChineseDifficulty: Easy
If you are craving low carb Chinese food, this paleo, keto Mongolian Beef is going to absolutely hit the spot. It is quick and easy to make, and bursting with flavor.
1 ½ lbs flank steak
2 tbsp thinly sliced green onions
1 tbsp grated fresh ginger
1 tbsp fish sauce
1 tbsp avocado oil
3 cloves minced garlic
½ cup monk fruit sweetener
2 tbsp gluten-free soy sauce
2 tbsp toasted sesame oil
1 ½ tsp glucomannan powder
- Slice steak into thin pieces by cutting against the grain. Then cut the strips into 1 to 2-inch strips. Set aside.
- Whisk the fish sauce, soy sauce, monk fruit sweetener, and sesame oil together in a small bowl. Transfer the marinade to a large mixing bowl then add the sliced steak. Make sure that all parts of meat are coated in marinade. Cover the bowl and put in the fridge for 30 minutes to marinade.
- After the steak has been marinated, add the avocado oil in a pan and put it on medium heat. After the avocado oil is hot, add the marinade, grated ginger, and steak to the pan. Cook both sides of the steak until the color turns brown. Turn off heat.
- Spoon out a half cup of the sauce and put it in a mixing bowl. Whisk together the glucomannan powder with the sauce until the sauce thickens. Add the thick sauce back into the cooking pan. Serve beef in mini bowls on top of white rice and garnish with sliced green onions.
- Serving Size: ¾ of a cup | Calories: 339kcal | Fat: 19g | Net Carbs: 2g | Protein: 37g
Share this delicious Chinese recipe by pinning one of the pinnables below under your Keto Recipes board!